is episode 73 recorded on October 22nd, 2018 where John & Jason talk to
Chris Finlan, Senior Program Manager for Power BI at Microsoft, about the Power
BI Report Server, Paginated Report in the cloud via Power BI, and much more.
This is episode 61 recorded on August 9th, 2018 where John & Jason talk to Lukasz Pawlowski, Senior Program Manager on the Power BI team at Microsoft, and mention highlights from the August Power BI Desktop release.
This is episode 61 recorded on August 9th, 2018 where John & Jason talk to Lukasz Pawlowski, Senior Program Manager on the Power BI team about the coming changes to Content Packs and App Workspaces, and mention highlights from the August Power BI Desktop release.
Content Packs and Group connected Power BI workspaces have been with us since the launch of the new Power BI in 2015. Both of these features are about to go some significant changes. Lukasz Pawlowski is the program manager for both features, and he joins us to explain what they are and why they are happening, among other things.
In addition, we also have a quick look at the August 2018 release of Power BI Desktop.
This is episode 56 recorded on July 12th 2018 where John & Jason talk about Microsoft Research Open Data, Developer & Gateway news, Power BI Desktop vs Service, and MVP renewals.
Jason & John got renewed as Office Servers & Services MVP! John is now a double MVP in Data Platform for Power BI. Then Microsoft changed the categories again and they are Office Apps & Services MVPs now… either way, we are BACK!
This is episode 48 recorded on May 8th 2018… where John & Jason talk about Guy in a Cube’s new video, and walk through the new features of the May 2018 Power BI Desktop which includes the much anticipated incremental refresh.
• Conditional formatting by a different field
• Advanced slicer syncing
• Log axis improvements
• Data label options for funnel chart
• Set line stroke width to zero
• Measure drillthrough
Power BI Premium
• Incremental refresh (preview)
• Collage by CloudScope
• Chinese Color Map
• New “From Web” connector – By example data extraction (preview)
• Common Data Service for Apps connector (beta)
• Azure KustoDB connector (beta)
• Google BigQuery and Azure HDInsight Spark connectors now generally available
• Adobe Analytics connector update – Support for multiple domain logins (preview)
• Visual Studio Team Services connector update – Analytics views support
• OLE DB connector update – Support for alternate Windows credentials
• SAP BW DirectQuery connector update – Improved technical name support
• Improvements to Add Column From Examples
This is episode 31 recorded on January 9th 2018… where John & Jason talk about the January features updates to Power BI Desktop, some things they noticed in the Desktop client, and some User Voice submissions.