Episode 150: June Power BI Desktop Update
This is episode 150, our sesquicentennial episode, recorded on June 17, 2020 where John & Jason talk about the June 2020 Power BI Desktop Update including Enhancements to mobile layout authoring, changes to the Hierarchy slicer, and Model view enabled for live connect.
- Enhancements to mobile layout authoring
- Automatic page refresh is now generally available
- Hierarchical slicer is now generally available
- Modern ribbon is now generally available
- RLS is now supported for Featured Tables in Excel’s Data Types gallery
- Line chart dot formatting options
- Radar chart by MAQ Software
- ValQ for Modern Visual Planning
- Advanced Trellis by xViz
- Updates to Gantt chart by xViz
- Updates to Cards with States by OKViz
User Voice Picks
No alignment options available in card visual.
Alignment option like (Center, Left or Right) is not available for data in card visual.
Row level security makes it hard to hide EVERYTHING from a specific user login having the page/Tab secuirty within Power BI for different user Login would be very helpful
For Example: something like USERPRINCIPALNAME() which would be dynamic for different user login to hide and show pages that would act as Page/Tab Level Security.