Episode 127 – November 2019 Power BI Desktop
This is episode 127 recorded on November 14th, 2019 where John & Jason talk about the November Power BI Desktop features including the new Power BI Desktop Ribbon, Decomposition Tree, and AI Functions in Power Query.
Desktop November 2019
- ArcGIS Maps for Power BI update
- New xViz visuals
- Advanced Gauge
- Hierarchical Filter
- ZoomCharts Drill-Down Waterfall Visual
- Financial Reporting Matrix by Profitbase
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator connector
- Edit SAP variables experience now generally available
- Vena connector
- SiteImprove connector
- Product Insights connector
- Web By Example connector – support for extracting links
When editing in Desktop, you have to Ctrl-Click a button to trigger the assigned action – very good. But when you have multiple bookmarks and you go into “View” mode, you are effectively in “PowerPoint Mode”. When in this mode, there should be just a single click for a button (no ctrl needed).