Episode 19 – Dummy proofing for Executives
This is episode 19 recorded on October 12th, 2017… where John & Jason talk to about the news including a new version & way of deploying Power BI Desktop and what’s interesting in the release of SQL Server 2017.
- PBI Desktop now available in the Windows Store
- The Modern client is there too
- Settings get wiped out, but there’s a way to prevent that (John’s blog post)
- Hard to find – Search for “Microsoft Power ….”
- New Desktop this month
- Bookmarks and spotlights.
- Let you save “versions” of a report
- Service, mobile and gateway were updated correspondingly
- SSRS 2017 now generally available
- REST API
- Report Viewer code and web part
- Report comments
- SSAS 2017 now generally available
- Supports the modern Get Data experience
- “1400” compatibility
- Bigger, better, faster
- SSIS 2017 Now Generally available
- Where is PowerPivot for SharePoint 2017????